Castle View • The boys basketball team lost its sixth straight game on Jan. 29 as Rock Canyon pulled away in the second half for a 60-44 victory over the Sabercats, who were led by 16 points from …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The boys basketball team lost its sixth straight game on Jan. 29 as Rock Canyon pulled away in the second half for a 60-44 victory over the Sabercats, who were led by 16 points from Bryson Lindsey and 13 rebounds by Michael Poux. David Mckean took game scoring honors with 22 points in a 59-41 win over Heritage on Jan. 31.
• India Cole scored 16 points and Madison Hema contributed 13 in a 51-38 triumph over Rock Canyon on Jan. 29. The team rolled to a 60-24 victory over Heritage on Jan. 31.
• The hockey team saw its overall record fall to 3-11-1 after an 8-1 loss to top-ranked Regis Jesuit on Feb. 2.
• Senior Brendan Temple, the fourth-leading scorer in the Continental League with an 18.3-point-per-game average, had 27 points but the boys basketball team dropped an 89-72 decision to Mountain Vista on Jan. 29. The team scored only two points in the second quarter but had a strong second half in a 59-44 win over Ponderosa on Jan. 31. TJ Boykins had 19 points and seven assists while Mikail Zadeh contributed 17 points in the win.
• The girls basketball team lost 61-42 to Mountain Vista on Jan. 29 and saw its losing streak hit 10 games with a 49-40 setback to Ponderosa on Jan. 31.
• Senior Grant Figueroa had a double double with 13 points and 10 rebounds in a 60-44 win over Castle View on Jan. 29. Nick Fallin tallied eight points to lead the team in a 56-39 loss to Chaparral on Jan. 31.
• The girls basketball team got 18 points from Halle Hamilton and 14 from Mara Powner but dropped a 51-38 contest to Castle View on Jan. 29. Hamilton, a 5-foot-9 junior, had 21 points in a 59-39 loss on Jan. 31 to Chaparral.
• The girls swim team was third in the Continental League Swimming and Diving Championships Feb. 1-2 at the Heritage pool. The Jaguars finished with 458 points, behind league champion Mountain Vista (607) and runner-up Heritage (476).
• Dave Atencio, who guided the softball team to three Class 4A state championships, has stepped down as coach. He has been the coach for the past six seasons at Valor and compiled a 123-23-0 record.
• The girls basketball team, ranked sixth in the Class 5A CHSAANow.com poll, held Pomona scoreless in the second half and rolled to a 78-8 victory on Jan. 30. Jenna Siebert scored 16 points, had seven assists and seven steals to pace the win. Sara Nealy, the lone senior on the team, had 13 points to spark the Eagles to a 52-45 win over Bear Creek on Feb. 2.
• Jack Foley’s 22 points led the boys basketball team to a 81-67 win over Pomona on Jan. 30. The team outscored Bear Creek by 15 points in the second quarter and posted a 66-55 victory on Feb. 2.
The girls swimming team was second in the Jeffco 5A Swimming and Diving Championships Feb. 1-2. The Eagles totaled 484 points compared to 486 for league champion Ralston Valley. Lindsay Stenstrom won the 50-yard freestyle in 23.91 and the 100 freestyle in 51.90 while younger sister Ashley Stenstrom captured the 200 IM in 2:08.31.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.