Castle View • The hockey team held a 30-19 advantage in shots on goal over Pueblo County but lost the game 4-1 on Dec. 11. Payton Pool scored the goal for the Sabercats, who were scoreless on seven …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• The hockey team held a 30-19 advantage in shots on goal over Pueblo County but lost the game 4-1 on Dec. 11. Payton Pool scored the goal for the Sabercats, who were scoreless on seven power plays.
• Chase Hettinger scored 28 points in a 77-57 boys basketball win over Northglenn on Dec. 10 and tossed in 20 points on Dec. 14 in a 61-50 win over Brighton. The 6-foot-2 senior is leading the Continental League in scoring after eight games at 25.1 points per game. He is shooting 53 percent from the field.
• Head football coach Gene Hill has resigned and will become the new offensive coordinator and offensive line coach at Chaparral. In five seasons as head coach, the Huskies were 14-36 and went 1-9 in the 2018 season. Hill has been employed at Douglas County for 18 years, including 13 years with Chaparral coach Jeff Ketron when Ketron was head coach at Douglas County.
• Senior Brendan Temple missed just three of his 11 field goal attempts and finished with 21 points in the boys basketball team’s 84-62 win over Hinkley on Dec. 13. The team followed with a 63-34 triumph over Gateway on Dec. 14.
• The girls basketball team fell behind 44-20 at halftime and lost a 72-37 decision to Valor Christian on Dec. 14. Freshman Carly Dickson paced the Huskies with 10 points.
• Grant Figueroa tallied 23 points, missed only one shot and pulled down 10 rebounds for a double-double in a 64-40 boys basketball win over Monarch on Dec. 14.
• Senior Mara Powner scored 13 points and had six rebounds and three assists in the girls basketball 41-39 win over Weston Ranch (Stockton, California) on Dec. 15.
• In a rematch of last season’s state championship hockey game, defending champion Regis Jesuit posted a 4-1 victory over the Eagles, who went 0-for-7 in the Dec. 15 loss. Colton Carlson scored the goal for Valor.
• Lindsay Stenstrom won the 100 freestyle finals at the Rex Abelein Memorial Invitational swim meet on Dec. 15 with a time of 51.01. She was second in the 50 freestyle and also was part of the winning 400 freestyle relay team, which turned in a 3:12.12 clocking. Other members of the relay team were Ashley Stenstrom, AJ Adams and Makayla Hoehn. The Eagles were fourth in the team standings at the meet held at the Veterans Memorial Aquatic Center.
• Kindyll Wetta scored 25 points and had 13 steals in the girls basketball team’s 72-37 win over Douglas County on Dec. 14. The 5-9 sophomore leads the 5A Jeffco League with a 19.8 scoring average and 6.8 steals a game.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.