Castle View • Cameron Brady was second in the boys high jump with a 6-foot-2-inch effort at the March 17 ThunderRidge Invitational track meet. The boys team finished 10th and the girls were fourth. …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Cameron Brady was second in the boys high jump with a 6-foot-2-inch effort at the March 17 ThunderRidge Invitational track meet. The boys team finished 10th and the girls were fourth. The girls 4x100 relay team and the 800-meter sprint medley teams were second. Stacia McKinney was second in the high jump, clearing 5 feet.
• Junior James Steinke is the early season goals leader in the Douglas County Lacrosse League with 13 goals after four games. He is tied for the points lead with Jake Heintzelman of Douglas County with 17 each.
• Senior Michael Long won the 1,600 race at the ThunderRidge Invitational track meet March 17. He was timed in 4:31.12. The Huskies were eighth in the boys team standings. The girls were seventh. Jasmyne Cooper was second in the 400 meters with a time of 1:00.97 and Lina Corrales was the runner-up in the 1,600 meter race in 5:13.19.
• The baseball team took a 3-0 record to Arizona for three scheduled games. However after the March 21 game against St. Mary's (Phoenix), the Huskies are idle for 23 days until facing Chaparral on April 13. Seniors Jack Lisowy and Tim Wink are the early season hitting leaders with .714 batting averages after three games.
• It is early in the season but the lacrosse team has several leaders in Douglas County Lacrosse League statistics. The leaders include freshman Aiden Bullock in faceoff percentage (.933), freshman Aiden Bullock in ground balls (40) and senior Jake Heintzelman in points (17).
• The baseball team is 3-2 and has a 15-day break in the schedule before playing Fruita Monument March 31 at home. The Jaguars blanked the Wildcats in this season's first game, 11-0, in Grand Junction.
• Junior goalie Jack Thompson has a 2.0 goals against average in 96 minutes of action to lead the Douglas County Lacrosse League. His .846 saves percentage also ranks near the top of league statistics.
• Jamie Tatum's second goal on the game came in overtime as the girls soccer team edged Cherokee Trail 2-1 on March and the team takes a 2-1-0 record the spring break.
• MaxPreps has selected the best baseball teams in each state for the season and the Eagles were the Colorado pick. The MaxPreps story said “The Eagles captured the Class 4A state championship last year and return 4A state Player of the Year Luke Ziegler (3B/RHP). Other All-State players back for Valor Christian (22-5) include catcher Noah Kuzma and infielder Josh Danyliw.”
• The girls soccer team is off for 19 days before challenging Littleton in an April 3 game at Littleton Public Schools Stadium. The team is 2-0-2 and the ties were a pair of scoreless, double overtime games against Cheyenne Mountain and Palmer Ridge.
• Morgan Hamler tied for ninth place with an 82 at the Valor Girls Golf Invitational March 15 at Highlands Ranch Golf Club. The team finished third behind Windsor and Ralston Valley, which tied for first place.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.