Mill levy advisory council seeks two volunteers

Staff report
Posted 2/3/20

Douglas County is seeking two volunteers to serve on the its Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy Advisory Council, which was established following voter approval of the mill levy in 2001. …

This item is available in full to subscribers.

Please log in to continue

Username
Password
Log in

Don't have an ID?


Print subscribers

If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.

Non-subscribers

Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.

If you made a voluntary contribution in 2019-2020, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access includes access to all websites and online content.


Our print publications are advertiser supported. For those wishing to access our content online, we have implemented a small charge so we may continue to provide our valued readers and community with unique, high quality local content. Thank you for supporting your local newspaper.

Mill levy advisory council seeks two volunteers

Posted

Douglas County is seeking two volunteers to serve on the its Developmental Disabilities Mill Levy Advisory Council, which was established following voter approval of the mill levy in 2001.

Applications for the openings are being accepted through Feb. 14.

While 94.5% of the developmental disabilities mill levy funds are given to the county's community-centered board Developmental Pathways, the remaining 5.5% is set aside for the county's Developmental Disabilities Grant Program.

The advisory council reviews the grant applications from organizations seeking money for local programs supporting residents with developmental disabilities. Since 2002, more than $4.2 million has been awarded to organizations delivering local services to support residents with developmental disabilities and their families, including $300,000 awarded in 2019.

“We are in awe of the expertise and servant leadership contributed by those who serve on the county's boards, committees and commissions,” Douglas County Commissioner Abe Laydon said in a news release. “As the new year begins we hope this opportunity to serve will attract similar candidates.”

Douglas County mill levy grants support projects and services that demonstrate innovative and collaborative projects or programs in six areas: Life in Common, Housing, Transportation, Employment, Recreation/Leisure and Health. For additional information or to apply, go to www.douglas.co.us/community/partners-and-providers/developmental-disabilities.

Comments

Our Papers

Ad blocker detected

We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.

The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.