Castle View • Senior Cole Oster set a team rushing record with 238 yards and five touchdowns in a 36-35 win on Sept. 7 over Wasatch Valley (Utah). Oster scored on a 6-yard run on the final play of …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Senior Cole Oster set a team rushing record with 238 yards and five touchdowns in a 36-35 win on Sept. 7 over Wasatch Valley (Utah). Oster scored on a 6-yard run on the final play of the game to lift Castle View to the victory. In three games this season, Oster has rushed for 430 yards and scored nine touchdowns. He’s also caught 10 passes and made 30 tackles with an interception on defense.
• The boys soccer team scored twice in the second half to upset Denver East, 2-1, on Sept. 4. The Angels were ranked second in the CHSAANow.com boys soccer poll.
• Junior Haley Hoy leads the softball team with a .529 batting average after 10 games and as a pitcher has earned three of the team’s four wins.
• Sophomore Cassidy Perino had 23 kills in the volleyball team’s 3-2 win over Bear Creek on Sept. 6. Senior Brooklyn Rose was credited with 43 assists.
• Sophomore Haley Blomquist was 10th in the girls Division 1 race on Sept. 8 at the Liberty Bell Cross Country Invitational with a time of 19:36.20.
• Senior Noah Johnson scored a penalty kick goal in overtime to lift the boys soccer team to its first win of the season in a 1-0 triumph over Liberty on Sept. 4.
• Senior Alley Kim had three hits and five runs batted in and senior Savanna Reiners allowed one hit in four innings during a 15-0 softball win over Poudre on Sept. 5.
• The softball team improved its record to 8-2 with a 9-2 victory over Ralston Valley on Sept. 7. Junior Megan Seltzer went 3-for-4 with a home run and two runs batted in for the Jaguars. Sophomore Anna Reimers had two hits including a homer with four RBIs and sophomore Katie Dack-Howell also had two hits, a HR and two RBIs.
• Junior Derek Fearon was fifth with a time of 15:36 in the boys sweepstakes division at the Liberty Bell Cross Country Invitational Sept. 8 at Heritage High School.
• Finn Olson had a 76 and Blake Sullivan a 77 during the Continental League golf tournament Sept. 5 at Plum Creek golf course.
• Junior Sophia Sobota led the way with 13 kills in the volleyball team’s 3-1 win over Broomfield on Sept. 6.
• Sophomore Eli Miller led the football team, second ranked in the CHSAANow.com poll, with nine tackles and his ninth was the biggest as he ran down Pomona quarterback Colton Muller inside the 10-yard line on the final play of the game to preserve a 14-6 victory over the third-ranked Panthers in a Sept. 7 defensive showdown. Senior quarterback Luke McCaffrey threw two touchdown passes to provide the offensive punch in the victory for the undefeated Eagles, who will host Class 4A top-ranked Pine Creek on Sept. 14.
• Junior Cole Sprout was the winner in the boys Division 1 race at the Liberty Bell Cross Country Invitational with a time of 15:33.60.
• The volleyball team has not lost a set in five wins prior to a Sept. 13 match against Legend. Senior Courtney Lane leads the team with 63 kills, junior Anna Davis has a team-high 16 blocks and Caroline Reinkensmeyer tops the team with 101 assists.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.