• Three-time state champion wrestler Malik Heinselman was awarded the Dave Schultz Award at the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Colorado Chapter banquet. The award recognizes …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Three-time state champion wrestler Malik Heinselman was awarded the Dave Schultz Award at the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Colorado Chapter banquet. The award recognizes Heinselman’s excellence in wrestling, scholastic achievement, citizenship and community service.• Morgan Gaffin won the 400 meters race at the Denver North Invitational track meet on May 4 with a time of 50.30.• The girls soccer team was seeded 14th in the Class 5A state playoffs which opened with the first round on May 8.
• Sarah Sams won the girls discus with a throw of 126-09 at the Cherry Creek Invitational track meet on May 5. Spencer Steininger was second in the boys high jump with a 6-2 leap.• Senior Jake Heintzelman finished the regular season as the points leader in the Douglas County lacrosse league. He had 64 points with 40 goals and 24 assists.
• The girls soccer team was awarded a third seed for the Class 5A state playoffs which began May 8 with the second-round games scheduled for May 11.• Two individuals won boys events at the Cherry Creek Invitational track meet. Devin Cadena was first in the 100 meters in 10.92 and Blake Williams won the high jump at 6-2.• The boys lacrosse team prepped for the state playoffs with a 13-6 win over Mullen on May 2 as Jeffrey Thompson scored three goals and had five points.
• Cole Sprout drew most of the attention at the Jeffco 4A track championships with his Colorado all-classification record of 9:01.53 in the 3,200 meters. The Eagles won both the boys and girls team titles. Sprout also won the 800-meter run in 1:56.61 and the 1,600 in 4:17.31. Dane Palazzo was first in the 110 hurdles (15.13) and 300 hurdles (39.69). In the girls 4A competition, Sadie McMullen won the 100 meters (12.59), Camille Peisner the 200 meters (25.36) and 400 meters (57.71), Anna Hall the 100 hurdles (14.38), high jump (5-8) and long jump (19-00.75), Hailey Ricethe triple jump (35-05.50), Avery Vieregger the pole vault (10-9) and Joy Gerow the discus (127-8).• The baseball team, the defending 4A state champions, ended the regular season with a 13-game winning streak and finished with a 3-1 victory over Heritage, which was ranked third in the 5A CHSAANow.com poll.• The girls soccer team was second seeded in the 4A state playoff bracket with first round games set for May 9.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.