Castle View • Football coach Dustin Pfeiffer has resigned and the search for a new football coach has commenced. In three seasons, Pfeiffer compiled a 6-24-0 record. • A few Sabercats basketball …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
• Football coach Dustin Pfeiffer has resigned and the search for a new football coach has commenced. In three seasons, Pfeiffer compiled a 6-24-0 record.
• A few Sabercats basketball players are among the leaders in Continental League statistics after the games on Jan. 20. Dillon O’Connor is the boys steals leader with 2.5 a game and Chase Hettinger is third in scoring with a 20 point per game average. Senior McKay Vansickle is the girls leader in 3-pointers with 33 made and senior classmate Abbie Cooley is first with 4.7 assists per game.
• Coach Gene Hill and the football team were at the Jan. 19 dual swim against Ponderosa to support the Douglas County/Castle View girls swim team.
• Senior diver Samantha Tamborski has committed to dive next season at the University of Iowa.
• Wrestling alumni night is set for Jan. 25. A reception and dinner for alumni is scheduled plus the Huskies will have dual meets against Regis Jesuit and Heritage.
• Sophomore girls basketball player Lillian Thomas is the Continental League rebounding leader with an average of 10 per game.
• Volleyball player Keely Davis, the 2017 Colorado Community Media South Metro Volleyball Player of the Year, is the Gatorade Colorado Player of the Year. Davis, the 6-foot-2 senior who has committed to play at Creighton, had 577 kills last seasons, 355 digs, 58 aces and 46 blocks.
• The girls basketball team snapped a six-game losing streak Jan. 18 with a 53-51 victory over Ponderosa.
• The top-ranked Jaguars boys basketball team plays Mountain Vista on Jan. 23. Rock Canyon holds an 8-6 overall record against the Golden Eagles and have won the past five games against Vista.
• The boys basketball team remained unbeaten in the 4A Jeffco League with a 62-57 win over Evergreen on Jan. 19 in a meeting of 4A Top 10 teams. Junior Hunter Shkapich had 19 points and 10 rebounds for the Eagles, who in the first round notched wins over contenders Golden and Evergreen. However, Valor still has rematches with both teams, at Golden on Feb. 2 and at Evergreen on Feb. 18.
• In a non-league game on Jan. 19, the hockey team defeated Cherry Creek 3-2 as Tim DeBord got what turned out to be the game-winning goal with a minute left in the third period. His goal gave the Eagles a two-goal lead, but Creek scored in the closing seconds.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.