1. You have aches and pains that don’t seem to go away. These pains might be in the back, neck or you have continuous headaches. This is a good sign that your body has an underlying cause of …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
1. You have aches and pains that don’t seem to go away. These pains might be in the back, neck or you have continuous headaches. This is a good sign that your body has an underlying cause of discomfort that needs to be addressed.
2. You were in a car accident. Even an accident where you are traveling 10 miles per hour can cause whiplash, which can cause damage to the spine and nervous system.
3. You are pregnant or you just recently gave birth.
Pregnancy causes your center of gravity to shift, and that can result in excessive stress on the lower back, pelvis and pelvic ligaments.
4. You have a job that requires you to be in one position for an extended period of time. This includes jobs where you might be driving for long periods of time, sitting at a desk for hours at a time or, as with
electricians, jobs in which the demands can take a
toll on bodies. When we maintain one position for an extended period of time, our body forms adhesions that can lead to very poor posture.
5. You find yourself getting sick frequently.
Chiropractic has been shown to boost immunity due to the relationship of the nervous system and the immune system.
6. You are involved with sports. Sports, especially high-impact or high-intensity programs, put all kinds of wear and tear on our bodies.
7. You recently experienced a slip or fall. A slip or fall can cause the spinal bones to shift out of alignment and, unfortunately, these misalignments do not correct themselves on their own.
8. You were recently on crutches or in a walking boot.
Crutches and walking boots throw off our normal gait and cause our spine and pelvis to shift out of proper alignment.
9. You have a difficult time turning your head to back out of your driveway or a parking space. This restriction in motion usually occurs due to spinal issues and resultant muscle compensation.
10. You proactively want to maintain a healthy spine and nervous system. Just like we brush our teeth regularly to keep them healthy, and we shower to practice good personal hygiene, we need to proactively take care of our spine and nervous system.
About the doctors: Dr. Vinny Cuviello is the owner and co-founder
of Amplify Chiropractic in Littleton, where he provides chiropractic
services with his wife Chrisavi Cuviello. You can visit their website
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.