Vote yes for our children I have one child attending school in Littleton Public Schools and another in Douglas County School District and I can testify to the fact that more funding provides more …
This item is available in full to subscribers.
If you're a print subscriber, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one.
Click here to see your options for becoming a subscriber.
If you made a voluntary contribution of $25 or more in Nov. 2018-2019, but do not yet have an online account, click here to create one at no additional charge. VIP Digital Access Includes access to all websites
Vote yes for our children
I have one child attending school in Littleton Public Schools and another in Douglas County School District and I can testify to the fact that more funding provides more opportunities and resources to our students. I am voting Yes on 5A and 5B because I want my DCSD child (and all DCSD students) to have the same quality education that my LPS child is receiving. Here’s why you should join me in supporting DCSD:
• DCSD cannot compete in the free market on teacher and staff pay. This means we can’t attract or retain staff like other districts can.
• We don’t have money for building maintenance. Continuing to ignore our critical maintenance needs will not improve things, and costs will only go up. I wouldn’t ignore important roofing and plumbing needs in my home.
• Superintendent Tucker and our board of education have been very thoughtful regarding how the funds will be spent.
• Former interim Superintendent Kane also supports 5A and 5B.
• Funds from 5A and 5B would stay local.
• A citizen oversight committee will be overseeing any new funds and projects. There will be transparency and accountability.
• Both charter and neighborhood school accountability committees have supported the need for additional local funding.
• Colorado students receive $2,800 less than the national average in per-pupil funding.
• Douglas County hasn’t passed a local funding measure since 2006 and it is critical that we do so this year. DougCo kids are worth it.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.